1. the season after winter and before summer when new growth begins to appear.
A new season in my life after kids have left home and new possibilities begin to appear.
2. a resilient device, typically a metal coil, that can be pressed or pulled but returns to its former shape when released.
My creative spirit is ready to be pushed and pulled in new directions.
1. to move suddenly upward or forward from a constrained position.
I’m ready to move forward with all my ideas.
2. to originate or appear suddenly or unexpectedly.
I’ve appeared from nowhere as the new kid on the blog block and I want to make new friends.
she sprang from nowhere.
there was a spring in her step; energy, liveliness.
the spring from which her emotions poured; origin, source, basis.
1. a flattened thin structure of a plant.
hmmm . . . sounds kind of like a quilt.
2. an extra section or extension.
The empty nest time is like an extension in my life.
1. to put out new leaves.
2. to turn over
Turn over a new leaf; reform, improve, make a fresh start, change for the better.
A new season to spring forward with new life by turning a new leaf and making a fresh start.
That’s a mouthful, but it’s exactly how I feel. I’m anxious to explore new ways of creating. I look forward to bringing new quilts to life from the fabrics and sketches that constantly spring up in my studio.
Did I mention I love leaves?
Leaves have been one of the signature elements I've used for years to decorate my home. See what I mean . . .
And even more leafy dishes.
Yes, even the carpet has leaves on it. This is in the master bedroom and I love it!
And of course I have lots of leafy fabrics. Eveything from traditional to modern.
Hope you've enjoyed this little insight into the origins of SpringLeaf Studios. Please come back to visit again.