Welcome to the Drunkard's Path Quilt Along 2015.
This quilt along is really more of a block-a-month sew along. You can join in at any time. It all came about because I would like to have a new quilt by the time Christmas rolls around this year. I figure if I make a block a month, 9 block total, I stand a decent chance of having it done by Christmas. So I decided to post it as a quilt along and invite you to join me. Holds me more accountable that way. It's a wonderful design AND it certainly doesn't have to be a Christmas quilt. It's beautiful in spring colors too.
I will add a link to each post here, as they are posted, so you can find everything in one place as the year goes along. I'll be sharing the progress on my blocks as well as lots of optional design ideas.
Hope you'll consider playing along. Join in at any time. Make it however you feel inspired.
- Introduction; a little background on the idea.
- Fabric Options; ideas on a few different color/fabric options
- Getting Started; templates and cutting information to get started
- Block Explorations; options on arranging the basic units to form alternative block designs
- Piecing; sewing directions for piecing the drunkard's path block
- Coloring Page; download a PDF coloring page of the nine block arrangement and play
- Layout Ideas and Piecing Tips; see 6 different options for using borders
- Block 5; the halfway point
- Block 7 and links for different methods of sewing and pressing.
- Borders; download an information sheet with yardage and cutting for the borders I used.
- Free Motion Quilting; includes a download practice sheet for trying out your free motion ideas.
- Binding and a finish.