While you're visiting please do wander around a little and get a feel for my style. I sometimes go modern and sometimes more traditional, but the one thing you can always count on is lots of color and strong design elements.
2 lucky readers will win their choice of one of my patterns featured below. The pattern will be emailed in a PDF format.
Both patterns include:
- 2 different versions of the quilt as seen on the cover.
- Size options.
- Additional ideas on how to use the pattern to make different variations.
- Coloring page to envision your own color scheme.
- A bonus pillow project made from the scraps.
Great design is first and foremost in all my patterns. In addition to directions for making the cover quilt, I include a Design Lesson and a Design Exploration page so you can envision optional ways to use the pattern. My hope is that these ideas will inspire you to try your own version based on the basic pattern. A coloring page is also included so you can try out your choice of colors and fabrics.
First up is Cascade. This is a great pattern for large scale prints but is equally at home with solids. It works well with fat quarters and layer cakes. Below are some examples of ways I have used this pattern. As you can see, there are many possibilities.
This is the Design Explorations page included in the Cascade pattern.
This bold zigzag baby quilt plus the bonus doll quilt were both made from the Cascade pattern.
Cascade was also used to make a bright summery tablecloth and matching table runner form the Tradewinds fabric line by Moda
Next up is Facets. This quilt also works well with large scale prints and is the perfect quilt for using up scraps, charm squares or your favorite fabric bundle.
This is the Design Explorations page included in the Facets pattern.
This is the alternative quilt as seen on the Facets pattern cover.
These two pillows were made as part of the bonus project included in the Facets pattern.
To win your choice of one of these patterns (to be emailed to you in PDF format):
- Become a follower or let me know if you already are.
- Tell me which pattern you like best and why.
- Please be sure that your comment links to your email. No email = no win.
- Comments are open through March 15th (MST). Winners will be announced shortly thereafter. Good luck !
Thanks for visiting. Enjoy the rest of the hop.