Here's my little house for Deborah at Simply Miss Luella. I have loved her blog ever since coming across it awhile back. You see, I had an Aunt Luella in my family and she was a wonderful, very special Aunt to me. I'd like to think that much of my artistic talent comes from her. She was an artist too and always encouraged me in my artistic pursuits throughout the years.
Deborah loves house blocks and asked us to make a house of our choosing that reflected our personal style. Well, I tried to include everything but the kitchen sink and it came out a bit on the busy side.
Let's see, we have . . .
- Green because my real house is green inside and out.
- Leaves to represent SpringLeaf Studios and all the leafy decor in my house.
- Flowers because I love flowers.
- Apples to represent my collection of fruit and veggie dishes and quilts.
- Scissors for sewing and quilting.
- Stripes because I love to use stripes in my quilts.
- A bird because I love bird watching and bird decor.
- My 2 new kitties in the studio window.
- My sweet kitty that's in kitty heaven now . . . thus the angel wings.
- And to make it all, I used a combination of tradition and newer fabrics including Kaffe and solids to represent where I've been and where I am now.
Do you think I crammed enough into one simple little house? Asking this question makes me laugh. We have enough crammed into our real house to last a couple of lifetimes. Perhaps my block is indicative of that. Maybe I ought to go clean out a few drawers or something.